GSC POWER DIVISION BILLET CAMSHAFTS: HONDA B-SERIES
GSC's billet camshafts for Honda B-Series engines are now available in multiple forgings which cater to individual performance needs. These cams start off as cold-forged alloy steel bars. This means the steel is pressed into its round bar shape rather than molten steel being poured into a mold, as in cast steel cores. The benefit is that the material is both stronger and more dense, leaving no room for pores or imperfections during the forming of the core. This design sets the base for a stronger building block in advanced camshaft development and design process. Furthermore, on high torsion and shock load camshafts with variable valve timing, the billet cores will provide an extremely high level of reliability over the cast core camshafts.
Shear stresses at all undercuts for oil routing journals are met by the stronger cross-sectional area of the billet core vs. the cast core. Shearing at any of these points in variable valve timing equipped engines is now highly unlikely. The fully turned, ground, billet camshafts are also extremely balanced in order to minimize and/or eliminate all types of added harmonics and vibrations. GSC's billet camshafts also utilized nitride coating, a protective layer and case hardened shell to help aid in strength as well as lobe surface lubrication.
- Honda B16A
- Honda B17A
- Honda B18C
Part Numbers / Specifications
- NA Profile for street and light race use
- Billet Core High lobe (IN/EX) 280/276 Dur, 246/[email protected], 11.6mm/11.5mm, 104/106 Center
- NA Race profile for aggressive street and race use
- Billet Core High lobe (IN/EX) 296/288 Dur, 266/[email protected], 12mm/11.5mm, 102/104 Center
- Turbo Profile for street and race use
- Billet Core High lobe (IN/EX) 288/276 Dur, 260/[email protected], 12mm/11.5mm, 109/115 Center